Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Things I'd wish you'd see

Do you realize how much you mean to me?
I wish I could tell you but honestly I'm too afraid
Instead I wish you'd see on your own what you do to me.
you posess this power over me,
something I can never quite control.
My fingers itch when you're around
because I want to touch you,
just to make sure you arent a dream.
My arms ache to hold you
because I feel safe in your embrace.
I ache to hear your voice,
your velvety surgary sweet voice...

But then this happens....
Do you realize that I'm listening, breathing in your every word? 
So when you say I'm stupid...Do you not see me flinch?
Why dont you see the hurt in my eyes?
Do you not realize what you've done to me?
To my spirit?
I'm broken, bruised and bleeding.
Yet all you see is this pretty face.
I'm tired of hurting,
tired of crying
Will you ever let me be?
Let me go and become the ME you saw years ago...?
The me I wanted years ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment