Friday, February 4, 2011

scared to trust you

I've been hurt so many times, 
So I'm afraid to trust,
yet I do it without realizing it...
Could you be the one I love for the rest of my life?
Could you be the one I've always been ment to be with?
Could you be the ONE?
But how can I be sure
You broke my heart once,
am I willing to trust you again?
Could you be the one I'm looking for?
Could you be the one who will love me for the rest of my life?
Could you be the ONE?
I'm scared to trust you,
afraid of your kisses
for they have a power over me.
Your smile tells me I'm safe
but your eyes hold a secret.
Will you hurt me?
How can I know that you're the one?
How can I know that you'll love me the way I want to be loved?
Will you show me?
Take me by the hand and show me trust
Take me by the heart and show me love
Show me you're worth trusting,
loving,
everything

1 comment:

  1. i wrote a poem with a very similar theme several years ago. turns out it wasn't about the "right one"

    ReplyDelete